Friday, May 13, 2011

A Second Look At 2010

I’m taking a second look at my 2010 blogs to provide comments and feedback. Was I correct? Was I wrong? OMG, I wrote that—-what was I thinking? Was it true? Did it happen? For the record, this blog is not a 2010 review. I don’t believe in year end reviews and new years resolutions. I believe a person should evaluate and critique their lives daily and make changes immediately.

My goal is to learn from my mistakes, reinforce my lessons, remind myself my moments, and rethink again. I gathered all my 2010 blogs including my weekly De Anza blogs, read them, and posted my self-evaluation. I included the title, date, blog summary, and feedback. The link is provided to read the original blog entry.

Blog title: The State Of My Life
Date: Feb 25
Summary: I wrote there was a moment I felt depressed and out of control. Regardless, life continues day by day. There is no time to sulk. Do anything to regain control of your life and get out of being depressed.
Feedback: OMG, I wrote that! I must have been depressed to blog something depressing and sad in Feb. I remember from 2000-2004, March had always been my depressing month. I hope my Feb 2011 is not depressing. Given it’s May 2011, March 2011 was a bad month. Hence, I continue to experience depressing days. We’re human.
Link: http://ininblog.blogspot.com/2010/02/state-of-my-life.html

Blog title: De Anza Week Mar 22 2010
Date: Mar 26
Summary: I wrote my highlights for Winter ’10 quarter at De Anza. I blogged my mistakes which were I didn’t drop singing class and I should have stopped attending free salsa lessons.
Feedback: Continuing singing class was the worse choice I made in De Anza to date. The class failed to meet my expectations. The instructor lost her voice for three weeks. We had classes the instructor didn’t feel like teaching.

I attended free salsa lessons too many times. It took too much time away for other important activities. There were times when one must stop his/her obligations. I had to stop attending the salsa lessons. Too much to do and, yes, gym was important to stay in shape.
Link: http://ininblog.blogspot.com/2010/03/de-anza-week-mar-22-2010.html

Blog title: How to Build a Lasting Relationship
Date: Apr 15
Summary: Zig Ziglar wrote an article how to build long term relationships. The point was, “Compromise is not denying right and wrong; it's admitting that both sides can have some right and both sides can have some wrong.”
Feedback: Reading the article made me think about my guilty conscious indirectly related to the article. I fear that one mistake jeopardizes my relationship with my family and friends. The little mistakes are not a problem. I should know that we’re human and we make mistakes big and small. I should also know that almost all mistakes don’t lead to an immediate break up. I never experienced any breakup from a mistake I made.

On second thought, yes, I experienced a breakup. I was in 8th grade. It was the summer before I started my freshmen year in high school. I went on a date with my friend’s ex-girlfriend. My friend and I started high school. He never spoke to me throughout our four years. I was in 8th grade and I was immature for a 13 year kid.
Link: http://ininblog.blogspot.com/2010/04/how-to-build-lasting-relationship.html

Blog title: The Year Was 2007
Date: May 17
Summary: I blogged how 2007 is the worse year in my life. I wrote it Q&A as if I was interviewed by 60 minutes.
Feedback: Lol, I wrote a similar blog titled “2007 Was Actually A Bad Year” on Mon Oct 13, 2008. Click to read it: http://ininblog.blogspot.com/2008/10/2007-was-actually-bad-year.html.
Link: http://ininblog.blogspot.com/2010/05/year-was-2007.html

Blog title: Bruce Lee Is The Man
Date: Oct 8
Summary: I paralleled Bruce Lee’s philosophy with some of my top 30 blogs.
Feedback: I posted this blog to review Bruce Lee’s famous quotes and how they match my top 30 blogs. Lee quoted he never reach achievement and “learning is boundless.” I posted blogs reiterating that quote.

Side note: To view my top 30 blogs, click to read it: http://ininblog.blogspot.com/2008/12/300.html.
Link: http://ininblog.blogspot.com/2010/10/bruce-lee-is-man.html


Blog title: De Anza Week Oct 25, 2010
Date: Oct 28
Summary: I mentioned many students eat out instead of eating at home to save time and save money (arguable, eating out is cheaper).
Feedback: I looked at the nutrition information for a McDonald’s Big Mac. That burger is fattening a frozen pizza is healthier. I promised myself I never eat a Big Mac for the rest of my life.
Link: http://ininblog.blogspot.com/2010/10/de-anza-week-oct-25-2010.html

Blog title: Why I Think The San Francisco Giants Won The World Series
Date: Nov 5
Summary: I shared my thoughts why the San Francisco Giants won the 2010 World Series. It was all action.
Feedback: Manager Bud Black from the San Diego Padres won manager of the year which he deserved. Bruce Bochy outmanaged Texas Rangers’ Ron Washington. Good luck to the 2011 San Francisco Giants defending their world championship. The team must seek better actions to win the World Series.
Link: http://ininblog.blogspot.com/2010/11/why-i-think-san-francisco-giants-won.html

Blog title: De Anza Week Dec 6, 2010
Date: Dec 15
Summary: I wrote Fall ’10 quarter was a bad quarter.
Feedback: Fall ’10 really wasn’t a bad quarter. Winter ’10 was worse than Fall ’10. Winter ’11 is now the worse quarter.
Link: http://ininblog.blogspot.com/2010/12/de-anza-week-dec-6-2010.html

Blog title: Happy Life
Date: Dec 21
Summary: Happy people earn their happiness working hard, doing better, innovating and improving indefinitely, and living life. The happiness becomes real. Innovate infinitely for a happy life.
Feedback: If there are awards for best blogs, Happy Life blog is a final nominee. The blog reminds me never take life for granted. Happy life is not for people who sit on the sofa watching TV. Happy life is not for people who play video games 24/7 and given shelter, food, and clothing from someone else.
Link: http://ininblog.blogspot.com/2010/12/happy-life.html

The Personal Side Of Me Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: