Monday, September 28, 2015

Top Ten I Want To Learn More

"Even today, I dare not say that I have reached a state of achievement . . . for learning is boundless", said Bruce Lee. Learning is boundless. Bruce Lee said it best. Never stop learning.

I welcomed the never stop learning attitude truthfully in Sep 2014. I followed the never stop learning attitude casually before Sep 2014. I failed to follow through. My childhood years were too much fun. My parents failed to encourage me to learn something new. My parents were bad teachers when they taught me their skills and knowledge.

The past is the past. I'm responsible for myself. It's never too late to learn something new. Keep the brain active and strong. Learn more about sex. Yes, sex. I have your attention now. Who wants to improve their sex live? I should see many hands raised. Sex is number two in my top ten.

Here are the top ten I want to learn more:

10. Cars. I know the basics of the basics; however, there are more basics I want to learn. I know how to change the oil, replace the air filter, replace the cabin air filter, check tire air pressure, change all bulbs, and inspect liquids. I read the weekly car advice articles in the newspaper and Car Talk podcasts repeats. There are rare chances I know the answers to the questions.

9. Electrical. My parents purchased a child science kit at a garage sale when I was a child. I thought I was dumb. I never got the electricity to flow. I followed the instructions. I realized the science kit was broken when I was an adult. It's time to catch up what I missed. I plan to purchase a child electronics kit. I also plan to watch YouTube videos on basic electronics. I add child science kits to number 9.

8. Board Games. Board games is one of my favorite hobbies. Experienced board gamers know how to win in many genres including cards, dice, and strategy. I want to learn how the experienced board gamers win consistently. Specifically, I want to learn more about Mahjong. I want to learn more strategies playing the Hong Kong and Japanese styles.

7. Camping, Backpacking, Outdoors, And Prepper. I combine the four into one category because all four requires very similar equipment and survival knowledge. I know enough for day hikes. I want to advance my outdoor skills. Watch YouTube videos. Enroll in survival classes. Sign up for REI free classes. I'm a REI member.

6. Community Emergency Response Team (CERT). I completed a 21 hour academy to become a CERT member in Feb 2015. The training included triage, light search & rescue, and fire suppression. I want more training. I feel unprepared if a citywide major disaster happened tomorrow. My county has an EMT Certification and Paramedic Accreditation program for civilians.

5. Cooking. My cooking skills are perfect for a single person to survive on my own. There's more I want to learn. YouTube videos are solid to improve my cooking skills. I cook the best Chow Mein people visit me instead of eating at a Chinese restaurant one of these days.

4. Social Etiquette. Courtesy, kindness, strength, communication, and joy are part of my social skills. I want to be the best gentleman. Excellent social etiquette skills are required when dating. The Awesome Etiquette podcast from The Emily Post Institute is a good start learning better etiquette.

3. Physical Fitness. Bodybuilding.com is my primary source for physical fitness information. I'm always open to suggestions to improve my workout routine.

2. Sex. If you can never stop learning sex, then you can never stop learning other topics. Today's information technology gives people access to advice. Choose what you feel is the best advice. My primary source is the podcast Sex With Emily. My sex advice is be physically fit.

1. Job Skills. Police, firefighters, paramedics, military, and educators are required to review their core skills and knowledge. They are also required to learn new skills and knowledge. I believe their requirements must apply to blue collar and white collar jobs.

I learned the lesson the hard way. My commercial real estate career required little learning new skills and knowledge. I initiated little learning new skills and knowledge. Currently, I'm learning Oracle. I reviewed Excel, Access, SQL, and Salesforce. I learned forecasting, dashboards, analysis, and regression analysis since May 2015. I continue to review and to learn new job skills when I start working full time.

I agree with Presidential candidate and former Florida Governor Jeb Bush who said we should be working more. I add the word intelligently. We should be working more intelligently.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: