Thursday, December 08, 2005

10 Years Ago and 25 Years Ago

Work is a little on the slow side. Perhaps December is going to be a slow month. Later today and tomorrow evening, I’m going to the gym. Gotta get back in shape.

10 years ago, President Bill Clinton and Congress repealed the 55 Miles Per Hour national speed limit. Today, states have the authority to set the freeway speed limits. The 55 MPH speed limit was established in 1975 because of fears of OPEC oil embargo and driving 55 MPH saves gas and increases fuel economy.

How fast do you drive on freeways? *Shurgs* I drive 10 miles above the speed limit under favorable conditions. The factors include the car I drove, weather conditions, how many cars on the road or the flow of traffic such that traffic goes fast or goes slow, travel time, and time of day. There is no major difference in arrival time driving 60 MPH or 65 MPH if a destination takes one hour. The difference is around 5 minutes. And, yes, I do check my rear view and side view mirrors for the police. Not to brag, I can spot a police car behind me daytime or night with their siren bar or not 8-)

25 years ago, Beatles John Lennon was killed. I was 6 years old and in first grade. I didn’t know who the Beatles were. The school I attended was Sierra School in Sunnyvale, CA. The teacher was Mrs. Williams. She was really tall and I think she played basketball on her spare time.

Do you remember what you did on December 1995 and on December 1980?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resume? I don't need a resume. Here is my resume: Innovator. I'm available to innovate for hire.

No comments: