Friday, December 23, 2005

A Brief 2005 Year In Review And Not Jinxing 2006

Hello. I was busy and tired and could not submit a Blog the last two weeks. On Monday December 12, I woke up early to pick up 250 key lockboxes for my company's brokers. And I brought the lockboxes to the second floor in my building. I did it all myself and I didn't eat breakfast. The morning errand made me fatigue and grumpy most of the week.

Fortunately, on Friday December 16 I took the day off and went to Oakridge mall and Valley Fair mall where I purchased The Simpsons Season 5, a pair of pants, Simpsons UNO, and a Japanese comic book or manga. And I shopped at Barnes & Noble where I purchased Moneyball by Michael Lewis and The Art of War by Sun Tzu. 2005 was the year I spent the least and the fewest stores I visited since 1995, the year I started Christmas shopping.

As for the week of December 19, work was easy. Honestly, work is easy everyday. The X factor is the number of requests per day. All requests I do are easy . . . it's not rocket science. For the week, the requests were very, very few, and I was able to catch up on other work :-)

Now the first part of the subject :) 2005 is a good year: Washington and Canada trip, cosplaying in anime conventions, buying and selling stocks as a trader, creating a personal expense database, Oregon trip, reading books, new Blog . . . the list goes on no matter how big and how small. Never stop innovating life!!!

In my life, I never had two good years in a row. I have a good year and a not so good year the next. For instance, 2001 was good, 2002 was bad, 2003 was good, 2004 was bad, and 2005 was good. I don't want 2006 to be bad. I recently learned that to have good years in a row, one must maintain the momentum and carry the momentum and increase the momentum to the next year. Remember the formula: Family + Work + Play + Prepare = Great Life. The key variable is Prepare. I prepared activities for 2006 including taking a night class at De Anza College, attending a real estate seminar in March (KTEH, you better send the tickets soon because I pledged $175.00 *grrrrrrr*), and new working hours from 9:00 A.M.-6:00 P.M. to 8:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. Granted I can't control Acts of God. I must control what I can control, and *being modest* I'm doing a good job.

And now the second part of the subject :) Jinxing 2006. I hope I'm not jinxing 2006 by saying "2006 is going to be a great year" or saying "Hope for a great 2006 year"???? I said the two statements in a forum on Tuesday and yesterday. Did I jinxed 2006???? I hope not ;_^_; I just wanted to be friendly. Wait a minute, wait a minute. Did I jinxed 2006 again???? I hope not again ;_^_;

I like to prepare the activity, the event, the situation itself. I don't like to plan the emotion involved such as saying to myself, "This is going to be great." It seems when I factor in the emotion, the activity, the event, the situation fails.

In case I don't submit another Blog before December 25, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resume? I don't need a resume. Here is my resume: Innovator. I'm available to innovate for hire.

No comments: