Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Goodbye Monday Night Football on ABC

Yesterday, I watched most of the last Monday Night Football on ABC. Another boring game :-\ Pats defeated the Jets. I’m neither a diehard nor a casual football fan--I’m in the middle. ABC broadcasted 555 games. I’m going to share my favorite memories watching Monday Night Football. (BTW, Monday Night Football is moving to ESPN and Sunday Night Football is moving to NBC for the 2006-2007 season.) No loss for Disney because Disney owns both ABC and ESPN.

*My favorite Monday Night Football games were in the late 80’s and early 90’s when the San Francisco 49ers kick ass. Montana, Rice, Young, Lott, . . . the list goes on and on. Awesome!

*During my freshman year in high school, after I finish my homework, I always catch the last 15-20 minutes of Monday Night Football. Many times, the games were thrillers.

*In my junior year, my U.S. History teacher didn’t give homework when the San Francisco 49ers play on Monday night.

*I saw the game when San Francisco 49ers’ Jerry Rice broke Jim Brown’s all time career touchdown record on September 5, 1994. Rice caught three touchdown passes from Steve Young against the Raiders.

*Fall Semester 1996 and Fall Semester 1997 at San Jose State University I get to watch all of the Monday Night Football games because I didn’t go to class five days a week.

*I saw the Miracle in the Meadowlands game when the New York Jets beat the Miami Dolphins 40-37 in overtime on October 23, 2000.

*Dennis Miller was gone in late 2001. And so was Dan Fouts. All the other announcers and commentators were great. No complaints.

Thank you ABC for Monday Night Football.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resume? I don't need a resume. Here is my resume: Innovator. I'm available to innovate for hire.

No comments: