Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Drive With One Glove

In California, its law drivers must turn their headlights on during the rain. Yeah, another law which gives law enforcement another reason to pull over motorists. If you don’t want to be pulled over and get caught with something more serious, turn on the lights (and wear your seat belt). Moreover, law enforcement is not going to pull you over for not turning on lights only; they rather pull over DUIs and speeders.

The above paragraph is not the topic of the Blog entry. It’s a FYI. The topic is remembering to turn your lights off after you finished driving in the rain (or fog). For domestic cars, I believe there is an alarm system that tells the driver their lights are on when the car is turned off and the driver takes the keys out of the ignition. I could be wrong. I’m not a car expert.

On the other hand, foreign cars don’t have an alarm system. I drive older Honda and Toyota cars daily. Both cars don’t have an alarm system. I failed to turn off the lights twice during a morning rainy day and a morning foggy day. What pissed me off was I forgot twice. Twice!!! :-< I hate repeating the same mistake twice.

To remind myself to turn off the lights during daytime driving, I drive with one glove. The Honda and Toyota cars headlight switch is on the turn signal. When I drive, I take my left glove and cover the turn signal and wear my right glove. When I park my car and turn off the ignition, I then take my left glove out of the turn signal and turn off the lights. If I forgot to turn the headlights off, I remember by looking at my hands such that I say to myself, “What the hell? I’m wearing my right glove only. Oh, yeah. I forgot to turn off the headlights.”

Ever since, I remembered to turn off the lights :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resume? I don't need a resume. Here is my resume: Innovator. I'm available to innovate for hire.

No comments: