Friday, January 10, 2020

Top Ten Wisdom Acquired In 2007 I Failed To Follow

I wrote a similar top ten for the year 2006 in Top Ten Wisdom Acquired In 2006 I Failed To Follow on Nov 16, 2019. 2007 was a bad year. What if I followed through my 2007 wisdom before I realized I must grow up on Sat Oct 4, 2008? I might have found a job before my Cisco contract was terminated in Nov 2008 or found a job during the Great Recession in 2009. I know two friends who found jobs in 2009. I might not need the Sat Oct 4, 2008 fateful day because I had been growing up in 2006 and 2007.

I reacquired, relearned, and rediscovered my 2007 wisdom years later. They started on the day I realized I must grow up on Sat Oct 4, 2008. I never forget these additional top ten wisdom. I practice them daily. Today's top ten is another reminder how I live a good life.

I wrote Learn From Failures, Too on Sep 25, 2007 innovate successes and convert failures to success. A common life wisdom is learn from our failures. I failed to learn from my failures because I ignored my failures. I quit what failed to become success. Also, there were no failures because I didn't try anything new.

Here are the top ten wisdom acquired in 2007 I failed to follow. I followed them years later.

10. Summer Of 2001 In 2007 on Jun 1, 2007. I declared Summer 2007 as Summer Sabbatical 2007. I took it easy, relax, be patient, slow down, and had some fun. I actually took it too easy, relaxed too much, impatient, rushed, and had too much fun. Summer Sabbatical 2007 was the time I took life for granted. I didn't solve problems I need to solve.

9. Innovate Infinitely on Aug 20, 2007. I had an opportunity to innovate my entire life sincerely. My entire life included learning new job skills, improving my gym workouts, and meeting new people. I failed.

8. A 1,000 or More Pieces Of Life on Jul 31, 2007. Another instance I took 2007 for granted. I blogged, "We are going to make mistakes. We are going to experience slumps. We are going to experience down months or down years. We are going to experience conflicts." I have been experiencing slumps. I have been experiencing down years. I failed to prepare for the slumps and down years.

7. I Made The Fewest Mistakes And Succeeded on Jul 27, 2007. How can one be successful? Commit the fewest mistakes. On the other hand, we must be brave to make mistakes. We must be brave to fail. Mistakes and failure are the best ways to learn. Don’t make too many and careless mistakes. Number 7 parallels the introduction for which I didn't fail because I didn't try anything new. Ironic.

6. Release The Cherish on Mar 14, 2007. I was too sentimental. I was afraid to leave my comfort zone. I failed to say goodbye to people, to places, and to objects. I blogged, "As time moves forward, we encounter new people, new places, and new items. There is a moment where we must make a choice to keep an existing cherish or choose a new cherish. And sometimes we must say goodbye to a cherish and find a new cherish to continue living."

5. Free Bird on Apr 15, 2007. I wrote there are benefits to cook at home. I ate too much processed foods. I ate out too much. My diet today is minimize eating processed foods and minimize eating at restaurants.

4. The Shermans on May 23, 2007. The Shermans were neighbors in their 80s. They never stopped learning. They continued to read. The retirees never relaxed doing nothing. They worked to keep their minds sharp. I vow to follow the Shermans throughout my entire life.

3. Innovating My Enthusiasm on Mar 5, 2007. I didn't keep my fun in check. Having too much fun can ruin a good time. The wisdom is relax while having fun.

2. What Pissed Me Off Yesterday? on Jan 10, 2007. My co-worker took hours to calculate statistics when I worked in commercial real estate. He failed to learn new technology. I failed to learn new technology. There is no failure today. I'm learning Python and Microsoft BI. I'm reviewing SQL and Excel.

Honorable mention. An Inspiring CEO on Dec 3, 2007. I wrote 14 tips if I become a CEO.

1. Fourth Of July Double Fireworks Blast: Schools Get An F For Excluding The Letter E on Jul 7, 2007. Success must be earned. Most of my past successes were unearned. I blogged, "Successes must be earned. Everyone must work and earn. Work and earn. Get up from the couch. Get up from the computer. Go out and earn your life. . . . Anything you do, any goals, any desires, any achievements, any wants, you must earn it." One of my life mottos I created days after Sat Oct 4, 2008 is, "get up and do something, anything."

Summary

10. My Summer Sabbatical 2007 was a failure.
9. Innovate infinitely.
8. We live a roller coaster life of ups and downs. Be prepared for the downs.
7. Make the fewest mistakes to win. On the other hand, make sincere mistakes to learn.
6. Be courageous to say goodbye.
5. Learn how to cook. Minimize eating processed foods.
4. Never stop learning during the senior years. Work to keep the mind sharp.
3. Keep fun in check. Relax while having fun.
2. Never stop learning new technology.
1. Earn successes.

Update On A Past Blog

My parents, one of my uncle's family, and I visited my grandparents on my father's side at the cemetery during the Christmas holiday. My grandfather reminded me the blog My Two Grandfathers on Jul 3, 2019 and my grandmother reminded me the blog I Live To Reach The 90 Club on Jul 21, 2011. My grandfather was an average intelligent person; on the other hand, his financial knowledge was above average. He created financial security for my dad and my uncles. I promise to continue my financial education to create my own financial security. My grandmother was a sharp person in her 90s. She experienced typical senior citizen slow brain function. Her memory was strong. Her learning was solid. I promise to never stop learning. I promise to use my brain. I promise I'm not a dumb old fuck.

No comments: