Saturday, June 27, 2009

Tired Of Being The Host?

I remember I hosted many of my friends’ get togethers for two years when I was a student at San Jose State University. I say about 60%-70% of us hanging out we were at my parent’s house. I hated being the host too many times. Many times we were loud my parents had trouble falling asleep. My family is a quiet family (-_-)

My last year at San Jose State University, my friends spread the places we hung out. Spreading and sharing the host responsibilities were good actions we were good friends. Most of us were in college and we didn’t have money to get our own apartments. We changed hung out locations to prevent overburden our parents’ house. In the summer time, two of my friends met two new friends at a gaming convention. We then hung out at one of the friend’s father small business because it was convenient including facilities and no worries bothering any family and neighbors. We all appreciated his welcome :D

I think back today and I realize some of us had advantages to be the host. My house was big to host all of my friends. My family and I had the tables, board games, and TVs for fun. Some of us didn’t have the necessary facilities and entertainment goods to host us. And a few of us parents don’t like having friends visit their houses which is messed up =\ Parents, how can your children become good people if they can’t have friends? Nobody can live life being alone. Parents, you’re not alone. Both of you got married O__O I digress.

Another factor to consider why some friends can’t be hosts include family situation such as too many relatives in the house; for example, the grandparents are sick and need care from someone in the house. Financial situation is another factor such as can’t afford to have people over to offer food and prevent higher utility bills. The friends who can’t offer their place to hang out must find ways to appreciate someone else’s place such as buying food and drinks, giving a birthday gift, paying gas money if the friend is driving, or bring games and DVDs. Never take a friends’ place, family’s place, or acquaintance’s place to hang out or to host entertainment for granted.

I'm growing up Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: