Thursday, December 31, 2009

Riding On Bad Luck

Sun Nov 1 I got a flat tire on my driver's side rear. I saw the flat tire when I walked to my car after buying dinner at Safeway. I said, "Fuck, not again!" I have bad luck on my tires. There were three past incidents:

*Nov 2007. My passenger side rear ran over a nail. I didn't know I ran in a nail. I watched the tire's air pressured decreasing when I checked the tires months before. The air pressure was critically low just after Thanksgiving. I took the tire to get checked and the tire shop found the nail.

*Jan 2008. I was on the freeway driving to Sacramento when my driver side rear tire blew off. The California Highway Patrol stopped traffic for me to drive my car from the center divider to the right shoulder. I installed my spare tire. After the incident, I fill my tires at 36psi instead of 41psi.

*Oct 2009. My driver side front tire was involved even though no damage. I parked my car on a dirt area perpendicular to the highway to hike at Castle Rock State Park. My driver side front tire got stuck in a ditch. Out of all the dirt area, my spot had the softest dirt area and got stuck. The tow truck pulled my car out of the ditch. I wanted to park away from the highway as possible to avoid collision. Lesson learned. Park as close to the highway shoulder line to avoid the soft dirt.

What did I do regarding the Safeway incident? I went back to Safeway and purchased Fix A Flat sealer. I believed my flat tire was too low for me to drive home. I was about 4-5 miles from home. The nearest gas station was .25 miles to fill my flat tire with air. I didn't want to risk it. I filled my flat tire with the sealer and drove home. I arrived home safely.

On Mon Nov 2, I went to American Tire to get my flat tire fixed. Coincidentally, my tires needed to be rotated and balanced. The tire technician said two screws caused the flat. Damn!! The flat tire was fixed and the tires were rotated and balanced. The next maintenance is alignment check.

I now check my tires every two weeks. All tires have 34psi air pressure. I add air when the tires are 32psi. I continue to visual inspect for objects such as nails and screws when I fill up for gas that I have been doing. I hope the added two week air pressure check increases my luck such that I ride on good luck, lol ^__^ And the next air pressure check I check the spare tire's air pressure.

I Continue To Find Myself Finding Raymond Mar

1 comment:

Olive Tree said...

Hi, it's a very great blog.
I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
Keep doing!