Saturday, January 07, 2006

Second Blog Entry: Going With The Flow On A Bad Work Day

Friday's work day was the worst work day I ever remember :-( Typically, January is a busy month for staff because many brokers are preparing presentations for the 2005 market review and 2006 year projections, and setting up for 2006 potential clients. January 2006 is an exception. I have never seen many broker requests before. Never! The requests are easy to complete—it's just there are too much at a given time and little time to complete the requests. To repeat, the requests are easy to complete, it's just too many to do in one work day.

Also, after lunch, there was a short meeting with the Managing Partner and my co-worker. The meeting was full of shit! The topic was the map which pinpoints real estate market conditions printed on the local newspaper monthly was wrong. A few city boundaries were clearly incorrect. My co-worker who is in change of the assignment should have recognized the error because he updates real estate availables daily. Grrrr!!!

And I received an email from the same co-worker telling me I need to enter completed deals in the database ASAP for starting rent statistics; in addition, management and senior brokers were CCed. No fuckin shit :-\ I know the completed deals are important and I'm really busy. If the completed deals are important to you, enter them yourself. You're a ten year plus researcher. You're not a dummy. Enter the deals. Or are you a dummy??!!??

Every worker is going to have a bad day. 99% of the bad days something happened beyond your control. It doesn't matter which industry, which position, and which company good or bad. There are going to be good days and there are going to be bad days. When it's a bad day and it's out of your control such as the last two paragraphs above describing my bad day, admit it's a bad day, and go with the flow. Don't fight a bad day and don't turn the bad day to a good day. It's not worth the stress and the strength. Use the strength to admit it's a bad day and complete as much as you can on a bad day. Salvage the bad day and be productive as best as you can.

During the late afternoon when I admitted to myself today is a bad day, I felt relaxed, and I completed as much as I could. Fortunately, the assignments and duties I completed were little stuff. No biggies. I have two big requests to be completed on Monday. And I didn't touch the completed deals pile *Ha, ha, ha* Laughs are good when stressed *Hee, hee, hee* I laughed again! XD

For a bad situation or bad day, always find something good. And usually there is something good. There were a few good events for the week. First, I sold a book on half.com. Second, I learned that a Priority Mail Flat Rate Box is $7.70 and not $3.85 which is the price of a Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope. Third, I watched the Orange Bowl and the Rose Bowl games. Fourth, I gave away my rollerblades for free using craigslist.org. And fifth, I'm almost done reading Moneyball by Michael Lewis.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resume? I don't need a resume. Here is my resume: Innovator. I'm available to innovate for hire.

No comments: