Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Top Wisdom Acquired In 2005 I Failed To Follow

Aug 4, 2005 was My First Blog. I wrote good wisdom from Aug 2005 to Dec 2005. I also wrote good wisdom in 2006 and 2007 I failed to follow from 2006 and 2007 to Sat Oct 4, 2008 when I realized I must grow up. I wrote a top ten wisdom acquired in 2006 and 2007. The 2005 are below. I have been following the wisdom today. I put actions to my words. I practice what I preached.

I admit I made mistakes like most first-time bloggers; for example, I wrote too many blogs detailing daily activities. I also complained too much. There were grammar errors. Regardless, 2005 was one of the best years in my life including my first time visiting Washington, Oregon, and Canada; creating new circle of friends; reading more books; learning investments; and purchasing my first laptop. On the other hand, I followed the good wisdom years later instead of immediately. Here are the top wisdom acquired.

*It's An Example Of Going Back To The Basics on Aug 7, 2005. I forgot to review my basics when I'm in trouble. Go back to the basics when I'm in a jam. Re-read a book. Review my notes. Re-watch a YouTube instructional video.

*There Is Always Something To Do on Aug 23, 2005. It's hard for me to be bored. Stay productive intelligently. Be busy wisely. A person who is never bored means the person has strong motivation.

*2005 Is A Year Of Firsts on Aug 26, 2005. I reminded myself reading the blog to seek meeting new people for the first time, experience first time experiences, and find first time adventures. I needed the reminder back in the middle of 2019. I must continue the first time attitude to continue living a good life. It takes effort to find new firsts. However, some firsts are given to me due to the COVID-19 pandemic such as building a home mini gym, jogging in the neighborhood, and eating take-out at new restaurants.

*No Experience Necessary on Oct 6, 2005. Chances are the unemployed can't find jobs because they don't have the experience. It's not their fault. Blame the system. Many hiring managers either don't have time or don't want to train new hires. My intuition tells me many jobs no experience is necessary. Communication, motivation, and a smile are the requirements to work in many jobs; likewise, many responsibilities and life in general the three requirements lead to success.

*Say Hi and Smile Goes Miles on Oct 20, 2005. Hi and smile are the little things which opens doors. Hi and smile are the little things to be a good person. See the No Experience Necessary above. Add saying hi or initiate a greeting to another person to the No Experience Necessary requirements. Hi, a smile, and an observation or a complement are ice breakers.

*Dream on The Apprentice on Oct 21, 2005. I dreamed I impressed Donald Trump with my soft skills: communicating, initiating, and getting along with others. I made it to the top three. I didn't know I won because I woke up from my dream.

*A Realty Check on Nov 15, 2005. It's okay to be depressed. Depression is temporarily. There is an ending to depression.

*What Is The Worst Gift on Nov 29, 2005. I wrote the worst gift was gift cards incorrectly. Correction. The worst gift is cash.

*Bored? Play Power Outage on Dec 24, 2005. Mix up a Fri night or Sat night playing power outage. Turn off the lights. Turn on the flashlights. Light up the candles or turn on the LED candles. Cover the clocks. Keep the refrigerator plugged because the game is not worth turning off. Tune out all technology. Use your imagination how to play power outage.

*Working Out Ignorance on Dec 29, 2005. Never stop learning. Use your brain or lose your brain. Don't be an old fuck. Read books. Learn a new skill. Minimize watching television. Never stop learning doesn't necessarily mean going back to school.

On The Other Hand

The following 2005 wisdom I successfully followed.

*100% Success Rate To Keep The Toilet Seat Down on Aug 6, 2005. Men must pee with the toilet seat down. It keeps the seat down for the females. It minimizes splash damage on the bowl and around the toilet.

*First Aid Kit on Nov 1, 2005. Self-explanatory. Always have a first aid kit ready for emergencies. Maintenance is required when we change clocks during daylight savings and daylight standard.

*24/48 Rule on Nov 27, 2005. The rule is wait 24 hours to splurge on a good or service less than $100 and wait 48 hours to splurge on a good or service $100 or greater. The rule saves money.

No comments: